The Philippine Nurses Association of San Diego County, Inc. (PNASD) is offering scholarship awards to students currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31 , 2024.
A. Scholarship Award is being offered to the following nursing degrees:
- Undergraduate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s)
- Graduate (Master’s and Doctoral)
- LVN-RN Step-up program
- CNA-RN Step-up program
B. Criteria for application are:
- Must complete the Scholarship Application
- Must be a first-time recipient of an award from PNASD
- Must be enrolled or have been accepted into an accredited nursing program for the Fall semester 2024
- Provide proof of enrollment in the nursing program.
- Must demonstrate a cumulative minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.50
- Must provide two letters of recommendation- one from a faculty in the nursing program where student is enrolled in and one from an employer or person who have known applicant for over 5 years (excludes relatives).
- Must be a resident of Imperial County, North County, or San Diego County of California.
- Must have 20 hours of community involvement. Provide proof of volunteer service and hours completed.
- Must provide a 300 words essay on "The Role of Artificial Intelligence in the Future of Nursing."
- Must be a current active member of PNASD for at least 3 months at the time of application.
- Must be present to receive the Certificate of Scholarship Award at the 2024 PNASD Induction of Officers, Scholarship Awards and the Nurse Excellence Awards.
. Submit the following documents with your APPLICATION:
- A copy of your transcript or a letter of acceptance into the program if applicant has not started attending program until semester following awarding of scholarship. (Note: A full transcript of course work from the undergraduate program is required if student is just beginning as a graduate student at the time of application).
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Verification of community involvement (A letter from the organization verifying volunteer community activities, certificate of participation or recognition, time sheets are all acceptable)
- Essay (300 words) on the topic of "The Role of Artificial Intelligence in the Future of Nursing."
Applications are on-line. All applicants will be notified of the results by June 7, 2024
. Qualified applicants will be interviewed by members of the scholarship committee via Zoom Meeting between June 3-6, 2024
. PNASD is an inclusive organization, creating an environment where implicit bias is acknowledged and managed across the organization. PNASD respects inclusive diversity and impose equality & equity to all members.
- Completed application must be received by exact deadline on May 31, 2024. Incomplete application will not be honored.
- Applicant will be contacted via email after all the process of selection is completed.